Audition information for Pickerington Community Theatre's summer production of “Spamalot” (unpaid, non-union)
Auditions will be held at Epiphany Lutheran Church, 268 Hill Road North, Pickerington 43147
Please choose one of the following audition dates:
Friday, April 26th 7:00pm – 9:30pm
Saturday, April 27th 10:00am – 2:00pm
Sunday, April 28th 2:00pm – 4:00pm Call Backs if needed
SPECIAL NOTES: We will be in need of many skilled dancers and tap dancers for this production. There are also several opportunties for woman to appear in what may be traditionally male roles. If you absolutely cannot make auditions the scheduled weekend, please email the director, Adam Schroeder, at Adam.Schroeder@PCTshows.com to schedule a separate date (or to audition by video). The show will be cast without regard to race. We need men & women age 16+
Assistant Director: Amanda Tuttle
Music Director: Sue Laney
Choreographer: Jenny Small
Performance Dates (at the WigWam theatre):
8pm Fridays & Saturdays July 12, 13, 19, 20
2pm Sundays July 14 & 21
Tentative Rehearsal Schedule: Friday evenings, Saturdays 10am -2pm, Sundays 2pm -5pm
Rehearsals are set so that you only need to be there when you are needed.
The audition process has some very simple steps:
1) You will be asked to fill out an audition form. You may attach a resume and picture if you wish (it is not required). Please bring a calendar that includes conflicts. .
2) You will have your picture taken and a number will be assigned to you.
3) Be prepared to sing part of a song of your choice (no more than a minute long). A piano is available for use and an accompanist will be provided. Acapella singing or cd accompaniment is also fine. Please choose age appropriate music. A Broadway song is preferable. DO NOT sing a song from Spamalot.
4) If seeking a speaking role, please be prepared to stay for cold readings from the script. There are many videos of this show on-line for you to check various characters.
5) We will have a simple dance audition (performed in small groups). We are also looking for featured dancers. For chorus roles we only need to see basic movement.
You will receive a phone call Saturday evening if you have been called back for a lead role. If you are not called back this does not mean you will not be cast nor does it mean you will not have a speaking role (there are many named roles). Final cast list will be sent via email by Wednesday night, May 1st and posted on our website.