New! Introduction to Cloud Based Computing and Applications
Friday, February 16, 2018, 8:30a.m.-12p.m.
What exactly is cloud computing? This course will help answer this question by giving students an introduction to an important new trend in IT. More importantly, it will explore how using cloud based computing, data storage, and applications can make one more productive in their everyday work place.
Outline of Topics Covered:
• What is cloud computing and why it is important
• Various cloud vendors - cost considerations
• Storing files on the cloud - the web interface vs. syncing files
• Accessing the cloud on various devices (phones, tablets, PCs)
• Cloud based applications - a primer (Google Docs, Office 365, etc.)
• Collaborating on the cloud
• Cloud security concerns
Mike Kelley. Room 445 Brassee Hall. Cost:
$59 (includes book)