The Retail Sales employee performs guest service by providing information to the guest about the store and retail products, assisting guests with merchandise, handling and care of the merchandise, and operating the cash stand; acting in a manner that conveys the highest possible degree of hospitality. The Retail employee assists in identifying and solving present and potential guest service issues.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs guest service by accepting payment from guests, providing information about the store and acting in a manner that conveys the highest degree of hospitality
- Perform both sales floor and cash stand responsibilities through a shift. Read and understand restaurant Guest checks. Understand the to-go order process and ring up Guest checks in a timely manner.
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Cracker Barrel Old Country Store
- Greet guests in a friendly manner.
- Move between the cash stand and sales floor based on where the Guests are in order to meet their needs, with a sense of urgency.
- Be fully familiar with the operation of the cash register equipment, including replacement of receipt paper.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example
- Carefully monitors the operation of the stores and assists the manager in identifying and solving present and potential guest problems
- Follows Cracker Barrel Old Country Store operational policies and procedures to ensure the safety of all employees and guests during each shift.
- Answer the telephone in a pleasant manner and ensure the Guest’s needs are met.
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace
Maintains regular and punctual attendance