This position is responsible for all design and drafting to create and maintain OSP documentation with AutoCad of Coax and fiber Designs for new build, plant extensions, upgrades, Node splits, and rebuilt plant and maintaining fiber documentation, inventory, and assignments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed below:
- Plans layout and design of the Hybrid Fiber Coaxial system to meet or exceed system integrity and architecture standards of compliance.
- Creates and maintains system maps thru Auto-Cad of existing and new Commercial, MDU and Residential developments
- Performs system design and calculations to create Material Orders, Schematics and construction plans and requirements for all OSP projects and customer quotes
- Consults and coordinates with the Operations Department in planning and design or modifications to existing plant layout.
- Provides and maintains current and updated system design\fiber maps to all departments upon request
- Completes, design, drafting and detailed drawings as required
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position requires an Associate Degree or equivalent training, education and or related experience required.
- 2-5 years of experience in Outside Plant Construction or engineering.
- Three to five years of experience in CATV construction field preferred
- Thorough understanding and ability to operate Auto-Cad, Lode Data Design, and Various Fiber applications, within the cable industry is desired
- Strong understanding of AC\DC theory and design principles of RF, Fiber, and FTTH solutions.
- Previous Contract Management experience, Contract Work, and mapping
- Ability to communicate and interpret Outside Plant prints to teach technical information to a non-technical audience
- Ability to accurately maintain records, logs, reports, work orders, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret Fiber OTDR traces and reports.
- Ability to handle escalations and time-critical issues
- Must be a self-starter and demonstrate the ability to work independently.
- Excellent organization, mathematical skills, and computer skills
- Effective experience in implementing and building internal processes and procedures
- Strong customer-focused behavior; the ability to work with others; must be a team player with strong verbal and written communication skills.
Word processing, Spreadsheets, Internet software, various element management systems, E-mail, Inventory, Contract Management, basic GIS foundation understanding
WOW! is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employer