Why AAA Ohio?
• Founded in 1902, AAA is one of the world’s largest membership organizations and one of the most recognized and trusted brands in the U.S.
• We offer a genuine company culture with a variety of career opportunities. Our employees believe in “Five Diamond” standards and support our core values.
All about the Role:
- Ensure compliance with all Ohio Auto Club (OAC) initiatives, programs, and policies and procedures. Execute the IT Services strategy and vision per OAC’s strategic plan. Provide the CIO with input to revise and improve the strategic plan each year in order to drive technological improvements further into the organization to meet OAC’s vision and objectives.
- Establish relationships in a consultative fashion with key business leaders and Executives to clearly identify opportunities in order to develop, leverage, and implement technology solutions that align with business requirements and priorities.
- Provide direction and management for the Application Services and IT Operations departments and supervise the staff. Plan, organize, and direct the development and maintenance of IT Services’ processes, policies and procedures and make recommendations for improvements. Manage technology projects and ensure that they are delivered according to schedule, within budget, and with high-quality standards.
- Provide timely updates and weekly status reports to the CIO on departmental projects, objectives, and accomplishments.
- Provide direction and oversee the IT Services Management and staff. Communicate with staff by offering coaching, feedback, and timely completion of performance appraisals. Develop an analytical team by providing training that increases their skills and improves their technological knowledge and experience.
- Prepare and manage annual capital & operating budgets, present budget recommendations and justifications, review and analyze performance against budget and performance goals, and develop control procedures that deliver operational and cost effectiveness.
- Communicate with Human Resources in regards to performance and disciplinary issues, FMLA, and Worker’s Compensation (etc.) to ensure they are handled legally, efficiently, and within compliance. Participate in team interviews and hiring practices implemented by the Human Resources Department pertaining to positions that are direct and indirect reports.
- Oversee the development and improvement of Intranet (OACIS), update department home page, and develop & post specific department policies and procedures.
- Conduct research and develop familiarity with leading-edge technologies as appropriate for OAC’s business requirements and strategic plans. Make determinations for implementation.
- Adhere to regulatory compliance issues, PCI, and AAA National Standards. Maintain with highly confidential and sensitive personnel and business matters, and ensure the security of all confidential data.
- Adhere to budget requirements and work toward obtaining objectives and goals.
- Participate in on-going educational opportunities sponsored by OAC or approved by the CIO. Attend and participate in meetings and conferences as requested.
- Drive change with an enthusiastic “can-do” attitude for OAC initiatives. Sets an example that inspires superior performance, while instilling confidence and trust in others.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university institution in Information Systems, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration or a closely related field, required. Master’s degree or equivalent with an engineering, technology, or business focus, preferred.
- Ten years of management experience with demonstrated ability to work with Directors, Vice Presidents, and Executives to influence and support OAC’s business requirements, required.
- Experience with performance management and career development of subordinates with fifteen years of experience in various Information Technology areas, required.
- Successful completion of OAC's revised Manager Development Program is required within six (6) months of accepting the position. Participation in additional training opportunities as required.
- Knowledge of current Cloud Technology, Virtualization Strategies, Mobile, Operating Systems, Standard Business Application Servers (such as email, file systems, print servers, & web services, etc.), Application Development Standards/Best Practices, Telecommunication and network architectures, and PCI, Privacy and Security Standards related to technology.
- Working knowledge of a broad range of web, agent desktop and other technologies including: Axis for Windows, D2000, AMS & various Insurance programs, TST, Apollo, MRM, CTI (computer telephony integration), IVR (interactive voice response), DR & backup processes, QA, BI, and reporting tools, etc.
- Considerable knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and corporate office & retail operations.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies while defining scope on highly complex and comprehensive projects and using project management methodologies to prioritize the assignment of team members while requiring a high level of analytical ability to strategize and prioritize OAC’s organizational objectives.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to offer ongoing feedback to coach and motivate staff with sensitivity, tact, and professionalism. Ability to present and discuss strategies and technical information in a manner that establishes rapport, persuades others, and establishes understanding, for both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Manage external partnerships with existing and potential vendors and oversee contractual negotiations (e.g. software licenses, equipment maintenance, Internet & private line provisioning, etc.).
- Must have strong organizational skills, and the ability to multiple deadline-oriented projects, while maintaining a strong attention to detail. Possess planning and time management skills.
- Must be highly collaborative and team-minded, with the ability to provide creative insight to drive better outcomes for the OAC.
- Possess independence, with the ability to work with minimal supervision and administrative support.
- Represents AAA & OAC in a professional and positive manner and be a good steward of the company resources.
- Must be willing and able to travel periodically throughout OAC territory and other areas when; some overnight stays may be necessary.
- Clean Driving record (must have no more than 4 points to be considered for this position).
Perks and Highlights:
- AAA Health and Wellness Program activities and events
- Monthly keynote speakers and web seminars
- Ample free parking
- Complimentary coffee, water, and hot cocoa
- Monthly casual dress day
- Minutes away from Polaris shopping center, Worthington, Mall and Kroger
- Quick access to major highways (I-270, OH-315, I-71)
- Walking distance to several popular dining establishments
Five Diamond Core Values:
- Deliver unmatched AAA experiences
- Embrace and drive change
- Be accountable
- Pursue growth and learning
- Build relationships through open, honest communication
- Support and be an advocate in the community