Why AAA Ohio?
• Founded in 1902, AAA is one of the world’s largest membership organizations and one of the most recognized and trusted brands in the U.S.
• We offer a genuine company culture with a variety of career opportunities. Our employees believe in “Five Diamond” standards and support our core values.
All about the Role:
- Execute, advocate and promote the BI strategy and vision per Ohio Auto Club's (OAC) strategic plan. Lead design sessions in prototyping new and existing systems for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations and data information process flow.
- Possess a thorough understanding of OAC systems with a concentration of how data is produced, stored, transmitted and utilized.
- Prioritize and manage the communications related to BI project(s) and requests.
- Lead in researching, modeling and designing appropriate back-end structures and tools to meet company needs.
- Monitor team performance providing coaching and training as necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of business line goals and objectives and disseminate appropriate knowledge to the BI team.
- Identify and coordinate third party data that should be incorporated into OAC’s data structure.
- Ensure metrics are accurate by analyzing data and organization processes for anomalies and/or data quality issues. Identify and resolve issues by coordinating with the operational owners regarding the source data.
- Assist in bridging any gap between the BI team and the IT Services team.
- Identify, recommend, develop, and implement end-user training to increase BI & data literacy and self-sufficiency, as required.
- Ensure the business line owner’s reporting needs are satisfied.
- Create and maintain various documentation, policies and procedures.
- Provide expertise regarding industry issues, trends, business processes, organizations and cultures.
- Maintain confidentiality of member and employee records and data.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems or computer engineering preferred.
- Five years of management experience with demonstrated ability to work with Directors, Vice Presidents, and Executives to influence and support a cohesive strategic vision, required
- Must have exceptional analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities with an attention to detail.
- Work experience with cross-functional departments and business lines preferred.
- Previous experience with major BI technology and database platforms required such as Information Builder’s WebFocus, SQL, Tableau, SAP, Power BI, or Oracle.
- Must have excellent communication skills, verbal and written. Ability to offer ongoing feedback to coach and motivate staff. Ability to meet, interact and communicate with existing and potential vendors, required.
- Must have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task. Possess planning and time management skills. Must be highly collaborative and team-minded, with the ability to provide creative insight to drive better outcomes for the business, required.
- Possess independence with the ability to work with minimal supervision and administrative support. Represent OAC in a professional and positive manner, required.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency
- Strong understanding of the company goals and objectives
- Strong project management skills
- Attend appropriate training when and where required
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, tools, and to handle other computer components
- Additional working hours as required
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines or satisfy emergencies
- Some travel may be required
Perks and Highlights:
- AAA Health and Wellness Program activities and events
- Monthly keynote speakers and web seminars
- Ample free parking
- Complimentary coffee, water, and hot cocoa
- Monthly casual dress day
- Minutes away from Polaris shopping center, Worthington, Mall and Kroger
- Quick access to major highways (I-270, OH-315, I-71)
- Walking distance to several popular dining establishments
5 Diamond Core Values:
- Deliver unmatched AAA experiences
- Embrace and drive change
- Be accountable
- Pursue growth and learning
- Build relationships through open, honest communication
- Support and be an advocate in the community