KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
a. High School diploma or equivalent required.
b. Associates degree desirable.
c. Successful completion of a Medical Assisting training program that holds National accreditation from one of the two following national accrediting organizations:
• CAAHEP (Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Program
• ABHES (Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools)
2. LICENSURE: a. Certification or registration required through one of the two below agencies within one (1) year of hire: • CMA (Certified Medical Assistant) through American Association of Medical Assistants • RMA (Registered as a Medical Assistant) through American Medical Technologists. • If not CMA or RMA at point of hire, one (1) year of previous Medical Assisting experience required and eligible to sit for the CMA/RMA within one (1) year of hire. • Maintaining a current certification with CMA or RMA.
3. Successful passage of an NCH administered math test required prior to hire.
4. Previous Medical Assistant experience, in the pediatric setting highly desirable.
5. Strong written and verbal communications, interpersonal and problem-solving skills and professional behavior in the presence of patients and staff.
6. Successful completion of Unlicensed Assistive Personnel orientation, and skills verification as provided by Nationwide Children’s Hospital.
7. Must demonstrate competence as defined in the Medical Assistant responsibilities/skills checklist in providing age appropriate care and services to pediatric patients of all ages and select adult populations.
8. CPR trained (American Heart Association Heart saver with pediatric content) course, or Health Care Provider course or Red Cross equivalent.
9. Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and follow HIPAA requirements.
10. Valid Ohio driver’s license and transportation required to travel to off-site facilities.
11. Computer familiarity and literacy with general data entry. Ability to learn and be proficient with specific computer programs, systems and Electronic Medical Record documentation.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Must be able to see, hear, stand, walk, speak, read and perform manual tasks with or without accommodations, and care for oneself with little or no difficulty. Must be able to independently lift up to 25 lbs. The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.