This position is responsible for providing administrative support to physicians while ensuring patient needs are met.
- Review physician schedules in advance to ensure the appointments meet the physicians’ needs
- Complete patient scheduling as needed
- Schedule physician surgeries and provide surgical and procedural information and documents to appropriate hospitals
- Obtain necessary authorizations for both surgery and ancillary services
- Schedule ancillary services for the patient
- Follow up with patients who are missing referral documentation or authorization for their visit and communicate status to the appropriate area
- Respond to patient calls and requests in the required timeframes
- Communicate to physicians pertinent information affecting their clinic and patients
- Respond to legal received as appropriate including but not limited to deposition requests and subpoenas
- Ensure prescriptions are processed for patients in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
- High school degree or equivalent; or completion at a technical training institution
- 1-3 years of related experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Orthopedics, Neurosurgery, Neurology, Physiatry and/or Interventional Pain Management preferred.